First Aid certification gives you the tools you need to perform CPR and basic First Aid. Whether you’re a diver or a non-diver, this course prepares you to properly handle potentially life-threatening situations. By learning a series of emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment, your enjoyable experience will give you the confidence to help in any emergency.
What it is:
This comprehensive hands on program is composed of academic material (theory) and practical sessions that teach you simple, easy to remember CPR, First Aid and Basic Life Support techniques.
NAUI’s First Aid course covers CPR and First Aid
$80.00 per person
This includes: educational materials, first aid/CPR training and certification card.
What the course entails:
Our First Aid course goes through the steps needed to effectively respond to the most common emergency situations where someone has been injured.
How we teach it:
There are two parts, the academics and the “hands on” section. No “wet” days!
* The academics are done at home from your first aid manual, and you will watch a DVD showing emergency scenarios and helpful step-by-step demonstrations of the skills you will practice later on with an instructor.
* For the practical training, we typically do an afternoon/evening, consisting of a series of vital skills:
- Basic techniques to assist in control of bleeding, care for burns, shock, hypothermia and heat stroke
- Assessment and management of accident scenes
- Activating EMS
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use
- Basic Life Support, CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
Note: this is not a fully inclusive list, just a quick overview!
After successful completion of your academics, and the required skills, you will be awarded your First Aid certification.
* There is no age requirement for the First Aid course.
Minimum # of students per class:
We need 2 or more people to make a First Aid Class; private, one-on-one classes can be organized for a separate fee.
How many people are in each class?
Our First Aid classes range in size, from 2-6 students. We always have some extra help too (Divemasters).
Schedule/Timing for Course:
We train all the time so we do weekday and weekend classes.
Call us or check out our Calendar for dates of upcoming courses.
How long does the course take?
Usually we complete the academic review and hands on section in 4-5 hours, in morning, afternoon or evening.
Prerequisites for Course:
* Before participating in the First Aid course, you will be asked to fill out some standard liability forms.
* You don’t have to be a diver to do this course!
What you can do afterwards:
* Have the confidence and skills to manage emergency situations effectively, properly use the appropriate equipment to help you do this, and render First Aid and CPR if necessary.
* Further your rescue diver training by enrolling in the Rescue Course…..
* Further your non-diving education with Care for Children courses, and specialist O2 Provider courses
* Current First Aid certification is a prerequisite for all professional (Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Instructor) ratings, and to earn a Rescue Diver certification.
check this out
We offer a fun and exciting training course to get you in the water and having the time of your life! Get started today, it's easier than you think!
Visit our online store for custom apparel, dive equipment, used gear and other scuba related items.
Bonaire is a unique dive and snorkel destination. Trip coming up in June/July 2012.
Start preparing for the trip of a lifetime. 2013 Date. More information coming soon.